There are many natural resources that we humans depend on. One of such is the soil, which is the least talked about. Whenever we talk of usefulness, pollution, or protection of resources, we talk of air and water, but the soil is equally important and equally vulnerable to pollution. So today we have brought few lines on soil pollution, its causes, effects, and solution for children and students so that they will know more about this crucial resource. So here are 10 Line on Soil Pollution Essay for Children and Students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 in English in easy language. Read ahead:
10 Lines Essay on Soil Pollution for Students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 in English
- Soil is a natural resource.
- We use soil for farming.
- Our food comes from soil.
- Animals get their food from soil.
- The soil is getting polluted.
- We throw garbage on the ground.
- Factories throw plastic in the soil.
- This makes or crops unhealthy.
- We should protect our soil resource.
- We should use dustbins.
Check Out – Speech on Environment for Students in English
10 Lines Essay on Soil Pollution for Students of Classes 5, 6, 7, 8 in English
- Soil pollution happens when garbage and waste are directly disposed off in the soil or on the land.
- Soil, water and air pollution are interconnected and these resources actually give and take pollution from each other.
- So when we are polluting our soil, we are also polluting our water and air.
- The most common soil pollutants involve plastic, polythene, chemical waste, nuclear waste, human waste, sewer water and medical waste.
- The main causes of soil pollution are land dumping and land filling of untreated waste. Both are generally done by governments, factories and industries.
- Then comes human waste, garbage and medical waste which are never properly disposed off in dustbins meant for them.
- Use of chemical substances like pesticides and fertilizers in activities like agriculture also deplete the soil quality and make it toxic.
- Soil pollution makes it way directly to the food chain through plant based food and hence it is dangerous for each and every living being.
- It plays a part in acid rain and makes the underground water polluted through seepage.
- So it is high time that we control soil pollution through laws and education for factories and common man.
10 Lines Essay on Soil Pollution for Students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 in English
- Soil pollution happens when our land and the soil are contaminated with harmful pollutants. This pollution is not talked about enough, but it is as crucial and harmful as air or water pollution and degrades the soil to an alarming extent. Soil is the basis for plant based food and hence can be and easy carrier of toxins in the food cycle.
- All water, land and air are in contact with each other at every point of time. They also tend to give and take the pollutants from each other. So the moment we pollute any one of these, the other two gets polluted too. Also the pollutants from soil are seeped into the underwater resources.
- The most common soil pollutants are plastic, polythenes, chemicals and even radioactive waste generally dumped on land by industries and factories. This is done to save the waste management or treatment cost and efforts by the industrialists. Further, landfills made by stocking up lands with garbage consisting of plastic and polythene makes it even worse.
- Another most common cause is household waste. Littering of human waste starts from their own locality, further, when people visit other places as tourists, the degree of littering plastic bottles and wrappers only increases. Plus, our sewage system and human waste also plays a big part in polluting the soil.
- Medical waste like syringes and cottons contaminated with diseased human germs are generally littered around every hospital or even small clinics despite of available dustbins.
- Our agricultural sector also plays a big part in polluting the soil by using chemical pesticides and fertilizers that directly makes it way in the food chain.
- Further, soil erosion is also a type of soil pollution majorly caused by deforestation. Soil is generally held in place by roots of trees and plants and when we cut them, the soil is washed away by rain water or wind causing fertile soil to displace. Some other common causes of soil pollution are acid rains, mining, oil spillage and so on.
- Soil pollution not only depletes the fertility of soil but also makes it quite harmful and toxic, so when this land is used for farming, the pollutants are directly fed to humans and animals. And this pollution also leads to killing useful microbes present in the soil and is directly harmful for the plants and trees.
- Some ways in which we can prevent our lands from getting polluted is by educating people about the importance of using dustbins. Further strict laws should be made for industrialists and hospitals so that they never release untreated and harmful waste into the soil.
- We as humans are directly responsible for soil pollution and in turn we are not the only victims of its adverse effects, we are also endangering other animal, birds and microbes. This is the time to understand that our environment is ours to protect and love.
FAQ’s on Soil Pollution
- What is Soil Pollution?
Soil Pollution is caused when harmful substances like plastic, polythene, chemicals, nuclear waste, and garbage are dumped on the land.
- What are the causes of Soil Pollution?
The major causes and sources of Soil Pollutants are:
1. Industrial waste
2. Chemical waste
3. Nuclear waste
4. Plastic and polythene
5. Human garbage
6. Sewage water
7. Chemical pesticides and fertilizers
8. Medical waste.
- What are the outcomes of Soil Pollution?
Soil Pollution makes the crops toxic and causes diseases in every living being who consumes the crops. It also makes the water and air polluted.
- What is the solution to reduce Soil Pollution?
The solution of Soil Pollution is:
1. Implementing laws and regulations for industries and factories regarding their waste management and treatment.
2. Educating common people about the harmful effects of Soil Pollution.
We hope that these 10 Lines on Soil Pollution Essay and its Causes, Effect, and Solutions for school and college students were helpful for you. Also, share this knowledge to spread it.
Check Out More 10 Lines Essay
- 10 Lines Essay On Wild Animals For Kids of Class 1 to 5
- 10 Lines Essay on Pollution in English for Students
- 10 Lines Essay on Air Pollution Essay for Students and Children in English