Given below are 10 Lines Essay on Holi Festival in English for kids of classes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 which will help them to write an essay on Holi.
Holi is one of the most important and lively festivals celebrated primarily on the Indian subcontinent. But with globalization, people around the world celebrate Holi. It has seasonal as well as mythological importance. Ironically, Holi is the symbol of good over evil, but it is still considered somewhat dangerous. The reason is the modernization of the rituals. As people have started using chemical colors instead of natural colors, which harms humans as well as animals. Kids use water guns and balloons, so it is important that we keep a tab on them. So to keep the real spirit of Holi alive, we need to teach our kids about how to enjoy gulaal and pichkari (water gun) safely and not use any of these on animals around us.
So we have brought few sentences on the Holi Festival for kids and students of classes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 in English which will help them to write an essay on Holi.
10 Lines Essay on Holi Festival for kids of class 1 2 3
- Holi is the festival of colors.
- We celebrate Holi in March.
- I celebrate Holi with my family.
- I play with my friends.
- Children play with colors.
- We eat sweets.
- Everyone worship Holika.
- We burn bon-fire.
- Holi means good over bad.
- I love Holi.
10 Lines Essay on Holi Festival for students in English for class 4 5
- Holi is the festival of vibrant colors.
- It is celebrated in the month of March every year.
- Holi is also called the spring festival as it marks the starting of the spring season.
- Choti Holi is celebrated a day before Holi.
- Holika Dahan is done on Choti Holi by burning of bon-fires.
- People worship the bonfire.
- Holi marks the victory of good over evil.
- People prepare sweets and play with gulaal and pichkari (water guns).
- We should make sure nobody gets hurt due to the colors, balloons, or water guns.
- Holi is a colorful festival with good vibes and should be celebrated with love and warmth.
10 Lines Essay on Holi Festival for Students in English for Classes 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- Holi is a Hindu festival that is mostly celebrated in the South-Asian countries. It is one of the most important festivals, mainly in India.
- It is known as the festivals of colours as people apply gulaal (powdered colour) on each other.
- Holi is celebrated in the month of March every year and it marks the staring of the spring season, hence it is also called the spring festival.
- It is basically a 2-day celebration, consisting of choti-holi followed by faag, Phalgun, Falgun or Fagun.
- On choti holi, a bon-fire is ignited known as Holika, who was an evil demoness. The burning of Holika, known as Holika-dahan is supposed to be the victory of good over evil.
- Holika, who is also known as Simhika was the sister of evil demon king Hiranyakashipu who had a son named Prahlad. Prahlad used to worship lord Vishnu which made his egoist demon father angry and so he decided to kill his own son. But things changed their course when Lord Vishnu himself saved Prahlad and killed both the demon siblings.
- So now people worship the Holika in a hope for a good crop season and for the goodness to prevail.
- On the second day, faag or badi holi is celebrated with much enthusiasm. On this day, people play with colours, pichkari (water guns) and distribute sweets.
- It is a day to be celebrated and enjoyed with family and friends while leaving all the grudges and negativity behind.
- Holi is a festival that gives out the message of good, brotherhood and positivity and thus we should always celebrate it in good spirit.
FAQ’s on Holi Festival:
Question 1: What is Holi and why is it celebrated? | Why is Holi celebrated?
Answer 1: Holi marks the end of winter and the starting of the spring season which symbolizes the victory of good over bad. According to mythology, on this day, Lord Vishnu killed demon Hiranyakashipu and his sister demoness Holika to save his devotee Prahlad, the son of the same demon.
Question 2: Is Holi dangerous? | Why is Holi bad?
Answer 2: Holi is considered dangerous because of chemical colors, water guns, and water-filled balloons. Because mostly kids play Holi and they might hurt each other or animals with gulaal, balloons or water jet. But the actual spirit of Holi is colorful life, starting of spring and victory of good over evil.
This was our take on the Holi Festival and few sentences on Holi Festival. Feel free to give any feedback or you can request any topic for us to write on.
- 10 lines on Air Pollution for Students and Children in English
- 10 Lines Essay on Raksha Bandhan and Bhai Dooj for Children
- 10 Lines Essay On Wild Animals For Kids of Class 1 to 5