Here are 10 Lines on Good Friday for students in English, which will help kids learn about Good Friday, the points cover:
- What is Good Friday?
- What is the History of Good Friday?
- Why was Jesus crucified?
10 Lines on Good Friday for students in English
- Good Friday is a Christian holiday which marks the crucifixion (execution by nailing to cross and hanged till death) of Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is believed to be crucified in first-century Judea, most probably on April 3rd of AD 30 or AD 33.
- It is celebrated on the Friday preceding the Easter Sunday during the Holy Week (Holy Sunday to Easter Sunday) as the part of the Paschal Triduum (the duration of three days when Jesus Christ’s passion, crucifixion, death, burial, and resurrection happened).
- Good Friday is also known as Holy Friday, Great Friday, Easter Friday, or Black Friday.
- Jesus was aware of his divinity and people also believed him to be the son of God. He started spreading his godly ideologies.
- At around 30 years of age in Israel, Jesus started feeding and healing people magically. He started teaching people about one god, life, love, brotherhood, and compassion. And people started following him religiously. Jesus openly opposed the unfair, corrupt and inhuman use of power by the leaders and rich people.
- As a result, the religious, political leaders, and rich people of the Roman Empire felt threatened. And they wanted him arrested and killed. So he was searched for by the priests.
- Further, one of Jesus’s 12 disciples, Judas Discariot betrayed him by kissing him (to expose him to Chief Priest) for 30 pieces of silver and got him arrested by the royal soldiers. This incident is popularly known as “The Judas Kiss”.
- The next morning he was taken to the Roman Governor of Palestine, Pontius Pilate. He was charged with encouraging the people against the Roman authority, opposing rules and taxes, and claiming to be Jew’s king and the Son of God.
- Although Pilate declared him innocent but the people who hated him demanded his death through riot. This ultimately resulted in his beating and crucifixion. Jesus was crucified at Cavalry (Latin) or Golgotha (Hebrew), which was the site just outside Jerusalem’s (capital of Israel) walls also known as “The Place of Skull”.
- Jesus stayed nailed to the cross for 6 hours, and after that left his spirit with a cry.
FAQ’s on Good Friday
- What is celebrated on Good Friday?
The crucifixion (killing by nailing to cross and hanging) of Lord Jesus Christ is celebrated on Good Friday.
- What is the Holy week?
The Holy week marks the entry of Lord Jesus in Jerusalem on a Sunday, following by the Last Supper on Thursday, Passion (last few moments alive), his crucifixion on Friday, resting in grave on Saturday, and finally resurrecting on Easter Sunday.
We hope this information on Good Friday helped you. Have a nice day.