Nature is infinitely fulfilling. It has provided every possible resource that we need to be alive. One of the resources is water. The sad part is not only we are wasting our resources by over-using but also we are polluting the remaining. Water Pollution is life-threatening. It is not only causing diseases but also deaths of humans, animals, and especially marine animals. So it is important that we teach our kids about Water Pollution, its Causes, Effects, and Solutions to our kid in easy language. So here we have brought 10 Lines Essay on Water Pollution for Students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and college in English. So read ahead and learn to love and protect our nature:
10 Lines Essay on Water Pollution for Students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 in English
- Water is an important resource.
- Every living being needs water.
- We need water for drinking and cooking.
- We need water for cleaning and gardening.
- Fishes and plants need water to live.
- Animals need water to drink.
- We are polluting our water.
- We throw plastic and garbage in water.
- Dirty water is bad for everyone.
- We must not throw waste in water.
10 Lines Essay on Water Pollution for Students of Classes 5, 6, 7, 8 in English
- When harmful pollutants are released in water, it is called water pollution.
- Pollutants decline and degrade the water quality and sometimes make it toxic too.
- We have limited water resources like ponds, lakes and rivers, which we are wasting and polluting at the same time.
- Not only humans need water, but every living being from plants, animals, birds to microbes need water to survive.
- There are aquatic animals that are dying because the water has become home to plastic, nuclear waste, chemicals and toxins.
- Industries and factories release harmful waste in the marine bodies.
- Household waste, medical waste and sewage water also make its way into the water resources.
- Most human activities like agriculture use chemical based products like fertilizers and pesticides which pollute every water resource from rain to underground water.
- Water pollution is life threatening for each and every living and non-living things. It not only causes diseases but also degrades monuments and buildings.
- It is necessary that we learn to respect our resources and educate people about it. Strict laws are also needed to be implemented for industries so that they treat their waste properly.
10 Lines Essay on Water Pollution for Students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and college in English
- Water pollution happens when harmful pollutants are released into the water bodies. These harmful substances contaminate the water making it unusable for the humans and unlivable for its aquatic inhabitants.
- There are two types of water bodies, fresh water bodies like lakes, ponds, rivers, underground water, rain, ice caps and salt water bodies like seas and ocean.
- 70 percent of the surface of earth is water. But only around 2.5 percent of the water is fresh water which is actually usable for land living beings like humans, animals and birds, rest around 97 percent is salt water which is home to countless marine creatures. There are living beings out there which are inhabitants of one or both types for survival.
- So we already have limited water resources, which we are exploiting and wasting plus human activities are contaminating and degrading both salt and fresh water and each and every type of water resource that we have.
- The major reason for water pollution is marine dumping the human waste. Factories and industries are often situated on water banks and release their waste material directly into water bodies to avoid waste management cost and effort. This waste is mostly plastic, radioactive and chemicals.
- Further, sewage and waste water from our houses, agricultural activities (chemical fertilizers and pesticides) and medical waste (used syringe, cotton) also make their way into the water bodies. Some other causes of water pollution are tourists who like to dump garbage everywhere, mining, oil leakage from ships and submarines, absorption of carbon dioxide from air to water and so on.
- And not only are we polluting the surface water, our rain is also becoming acidic and the harmful pollutants and microbes are making their way to the already declining underground water. Acidic rain is known to degrade everything it touches, even non living things like infrastructures, monuments, bridges etc.
- By polluting our water bodies, we are not only putting in danger the human life but also the life of aquatic animals and microbes. Some aquatic creatures can only survive in either fresh or salt water and by polluting everything we are putting their lives at risk too where some are critically endangered.
- The polluted water is not only killing its own inhabitants but the same water makes its way back to humans, animals, birds and plants in form of drinking water, general use water or for agricultural uses and causes diseases and deaths. So if we are going to pollute any of our resources, it is going to come back to us and destroy our bio-diversity.
- Some of the ways by which we can reduce water pollution is by educating the common man about its life threatening adverse effects and coming up with strict waste management rules and laws for the industries for treating their waste. It is high time that we respect the resources that we have and start protecting them and start using them sensibly.
FAQ’s on Water Pollution:
- What is Water Pollution?
Water Pollution is caused when harmful pollutants like plastic, chemicals, nuclear waste, and other garbage make its way into the water bodies.
- What are the Causes of Water Pollution?
The major sources of Water Pollutants are:
1. Industrial waste
2. Chemical waste
3. Nuclear waste
5. Human garbage
6. Sewage water
7. Agricultural chemical pesticides and fertilizers
8. Medical waste.
- What are the outcomes of Water Pollution?
Water pollution causes diseases and deaths in living beings and it degrades the structure of non-living things through acidic rains.
- What is the solution to reduce Water Pollution?
The solution of Water Pollution is:
1. Implementing laws and heavy penalties on industries and factories regarding their waste management and treatment
2. Educating common man about the adverse effects of Water Pollution.
We hope that these 10 Lines Essay on Water Pollution and its Causes, Effect, and Solutions were helpful for you. Keep learning.
Check Out More 10 Lines Essay
- 10 Lines Essay on Soil Pollution: Causes, Effects, and Solutions for Students
- 10 Lines Essay on Pollution in English for Students
- 10 Lines Essay on Air Pollution Essay for Students and Children in English