Table of Topics
Onam is a state festival of Kerala which is celebrated by Malayalees. Regardless of caste or religion, Onam is enjoyed by the whole community of Kerala with full zeal and enthusiasm.
We have brought these 10 lines essays on Onam for classes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 11, and 12.
Don’t forget to also check out these 10 Lines Essay on Diwali for Students of Classes 1 to 12 in English
10 Lines Essay on Onam for classes 1,2,3,4,5
1. Onam is the official festival state of Kerala.
2. It is celebrated by all the Malayalees.
3. Onam is celebrated to welcome the king of Mahabali.
4. King Mahabali’s spirit visits Kerala in Onam.
5. Onam marks the first month of the Malayalam calendar.
6. It also welcomes the harvest season.
7. Onam is celebrated for 10 days.
8. On Onam, rangoli is made.
9. Red flowers are the official Onam flowers.
10. People enjoy the festival by dancing and singing.
10 Lines Essay on Onam for classes 6,7, and 8
1. Onam is Kerala’s official harvest festival, marking the start of the harvest season.
2. It is celebrated by all the Malayalees, regardless of their caste and creed.
3. It is believed that King Mahbali’s spirit visits Kerala in Onam.
5. Onam is celebrated to welcome the great King Mahabali’s visit.
6. Onam is observed during the first month of the Malayalam calendar.
7. Onam sadya is a colourful feast served on Onam that includes over 25 special dishes.
8. People celebrate the festival of Onam for 10 days with full passion.
9. Onam is celebrated by making floral decorations at home, folk dances, games, and a boat race.
10. The main celebration occurs on the last day of Onam, called Thiruvonam.
10 Lines Essay on Onam for classes 9,10,11, and 12
1. Onam is the official state festival of Kerala that marks the end of the monsoon and the beginning of the harvest season.
2. It is celebrated to welcome the great King Mahabli, whose spirit visited Kerala in Onam.
3. King Mahabli is loved by people for his kindness. It is believed that he will become the king of heaven in the next yuga.
4. A colourful feast called Onam Sadhya is served on a banana leaf on Onam, which contains more than 25 special dishes.
5. Pookalam is decorated at home on Onam. There is a beautiful arrangement of flowers on the floor.
6. Onam is also known as the festival of rain flowers. Flowers like Thumba, Tulsi, and Chethi are considered very special in Pookalam.
7. Regardless of caste and religion, Onam is celebrated all over Kerala.
8. People from all over the world gather in Kerala to celebrate the harvest festival “Onam.”
9. The last day of Onam, called “Thiruvonam,” is of utmost importance as this day marks the visit of King Mahabali.
10. The festival of Onam is celebrated by decorating homes, eating good food, doing folk dances, playing games, and participating in boat competitions with full enthusiasm.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is the main day of Onam?
September 10 which celebrates the return king of Mahabal which is the first day of Onam is considered to be the most auspicious day in the year
- What is some delicious food that is prepared during the Onam festival?
Rasam, Pachadi, pulinchi, and Kerala rice are some of the special Kerala foods that are prepared during the festival of Onam
- When was Onam declared as the national festival in Kerala?
In the year 1961 Onam was declared as the national festival of Kerala
- What is the significance of the Onam festival?
Onam is a Hindu holiday that is celebrated in the southernmost state of India, Kerala, to commemorate the homecoming of King Mahabali
So these were 10 Lines Essay on Onam for Students and Children of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 in English. Keep learning and keep sharing your knowledge with everyone you know.