Table of Topics
Mary Kom is the most famous name that comes up in the list of female athletes. She is an inspiration for many young people and kids around the world. We have brought this 10 Line Essay on Mary Kom for classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
Don’t forget to also check out these 10 Lines Essay on Sania Mirza for Students in English
10 Lines Essay on Mary Kom for classes 1,2,3,4,5
- My favourite famous personality is Mary Kom.
- She is an Indian boxer.
- She was born on November 24, 1982.
- Her father was a wrestler.
- She belongs to Kangathei, Manipur.
- A movie named “Mary Kom” is also made which is based on her life.
- She has won many medals in boxing.
- She has a sports club in Manipur.
- She trains people for free.
- She is also known as Magnificent Mary.
10 Lines Essay on Mary Kom for classes 6,7, and 8
- My ideal personality is Mary Kom, who is a famous Indian female athlete.
- Mary Kom is a boxer who was born to a wrestler father.
- She belongs to the Kangathei region of Manipur but later moved to the city to pursue her career in boxing.
- Belonging to a backward region of India, the journey of becoming a boxer has not been easy for her.
- Mary Kom has a medal from each of the eight AIBA World Boxing Championships—six golds, one bronze, and one silver.
- She was the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the Asian Games and the Commonwealth Games.
- She has maintained her personal and professional lives very well as she is the mother of three young children.
- She owns a sports club in Manipur in which she trains youngsters for free.
- She is also a member of the Indian Upper House of Parliament.
- Mary Kom-a girl who has fulfilled her dream despite all the obstacles, has always been an inspiration for me.
10 Lines Essay on Mary Kom for classes 9, 10, 11, and 12
- Lovingly called Magnificent Mary, Mary Kom is a famous personality I always admire.
- She was born in Kangathei, Manipur to a wrestler father.
- To pursue her career in boxing, she moved to the city. The journey has not been easy for her as she was born in a poor and backward region of India.
- But after becoming a boxer, she has made her parents, family, and country proud.
- She has won awards in all the eight AIBA World Boxing Championships and has also been the first Indian woman to win awards in both the Asian and Commonwealth Games.
- There is also a movie named “Mary Kom” based on her life story, acted by Priyanka Chopra which was a box office success.
- She is a generous lady. She runs a sports studio in Manipur in which she trains young people for free.
- She is a perfect example that girls can balance both of their personal and professional lives as she maintains her boxing career along with her three young children.
- In 2016, Mary Kom was nominated to become a member of the Rajya Sabha, while in 2017 she was appointed as national observer for boxing.
- One of her famous quotes , “If it’s important to you, you will find a way.” If not, you will find an excuse. “has always inspired me to go an extra mile for my goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Mary Kom famous for?
Mary Kom is a famous Indian female boxer who has won many national and international awards in boxing.
- Who was the first Indian woman to win an award at the Commonwealth Games?
Mary Kom was the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in 2018.
- Who was Mary Kom's inspiration to become a boxer?
Dingko Singh, an Indian boxer who won a gold medal in 1998, became Mary Kom's inspiration when she was 15 years old.
So these were 10 Lines Essay on Mary Kom for Students and Children of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 in English. Keep learning and keep sharing your knowledge with everyone you know.